The Top 7 BCAA Supplements Reviewed
If you want to pump up your muscle building and recover from tough workouts faster, you need a BCAA supplement. You may wonder what is a BCAA supplement anyways? It stands for a branched-chain amino acid, and amino acids are the building blocks of protein, which you need to build muscles.
With a BCAA, you get a fancy amino acid with branches including three amino acids – leucine, isoleucine, and valine all of which your body cannot make on its own, and you must eat in order to get the benefits. Those benefits include energy to fuel your workouts, along with boosting muscle growth and more!
We found the seven best BCAA supplements to help you work out longer and build muscles faster. Even better, we went the extra mile and found supplements free of creepy ingredients like sucralose and food dyes found in practically every BCAA drink powder mix. Take a look at the best options and get some key information to help your workout work for you below.
Best BCAA Supplements
As we promised supplements free of creepy ingredients, which is why we are starting with Essential Amino Acids by Double Wood Supplement because its free of stuff you don’t need. Not does this supplement provide BCAA’s but also all nine essential amino acids (EAAs). With this supplement, you can serve a dose of healthy to countless bodily functions to help build proteins and synthesize neurotransmitters.
What’s inside this magical bottle? Healthy amounts of the amino acids leucine, lysine, threonine, valine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, histidine, tryptophan, and methionine. A couple of inactive ingredients include gelatin capsules, cellulose, and magnesium stearate. A very smaller percentage of people react to magnesium stearate with mild stomach issues. However, it is naturally found in foods, and it’s very safe in small doses.
The company suggests you take three capsules a day on an empty stomach. This means a single bottle will give you a 75 day supply making it an ultra-affordable option. Do not take more than twelve capsules per day and also do not take if you are sensitive to magnesium stearate.
Otherwise, this supplement is ready to help improve your workouts. It was even made right here in America. The company tests for safety and does not use GMOs or gluten in their supplement. Improve your energy, stamina, and strength today with this powerful supplement.
- CONTAINS ALL 9 ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS (EAAs) - Each serving consists of a 1 gram powder blend of all 9 essential amino acids
- CONTAINS ALL BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS (BCAAs) - Each serving contains L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine
- REQUIRED FOR COUNTLESS BODILY FUNCTIONS - The nine essential amino acids are required for many bodily processes such as building proteins and synthesizing neurotransmitters
- SUPPORT MUSCLE RECOVERY AND GROWTH - Essential aminos help promote muscle growth, decrease muscle soreness, and support exercise endurance
- MADE AND TESTED IN THE USA - Double Wood's Essential Amino Acid Capsules are manufactured and tested for safety right here in the USA
While the PerfectAmino by BodyHealth comes in at a high price, it offers unparalleled quality. This brand goes above and beyond the needs of high standards with rigorous testing and establishing high standards. The supplement helps to build protein your body cannot produce on its own so you can have stronger muscles and bones. It can also improve your recovery, energy levels, immunes system, and help with weight loss.
The only ingredients are amino acids, including leucine, valine, isoleucine, lysine, phenylalanine, threonine, methionine, and tryptophan. However, it is missing methionine, another amino acid your body cannot produce, and it can help to build bone strength and weight loss. It’s the main reason this option is lower on the list.
However, the supplement is free of all additives, including sodium, fat, sugar, yeast, gluten, soy, corn, GMOs, and a whole lost of other unnecessary fillers. Also, the bottle comes with 300 pills, and the company suggests you take five to ten tablets a day, so a single bottle provides a two month supply of BCAA amino acids.
Why should you choose this option? Because it provides three to six times the protein of other sources with practically no calories. Moreover, it fully absorbs in about thirty minutes. It’s also from a GMP and FDA approved facility. A single dose offers 5,000 mg of amino acids, including BCAA options, with 99 percent bioavailability.
Lastly, it’s the perfect addition to your diet if you want to burn fat, gain muscles and energy. Use this option if you are on a paleo, keto, or vegan diet. If you don’t fall in love with the supplement, you can get all your money back for a full ninety days.
- MAXIMUM RESULTS👉 Includes BCAA - 99% bioavailability - ensure optimum nutrition and muscle recovery
- BOOSTING FORMULA👉 Boost immunity w/ exact essential amino acids that convert to powerful protein
- BURN FAT & GAIN MUSCLES 👍 Low-calorie formulation helps maintain lean muscle mass + weight loss
- ALL NATURAL & VEGAN SOURCED👍 With 8 essential amino acids from vegetable-based proteins. BCAA
- COMMITTED TO SATISFACTION: Get the amazing results you crave within 90 days or your MONEY BACK!
Get a healthy dose of BCAA along with all the other amino acids, too, with the Purium Super Amino 23-150 Vegan Tablets. Not only does this supplement offer muscle support, and this supplement also goes to work in as little as 23 minutes or less to kick your body into overdrive. Have more power the next time you go to the gym with this impressive supplement.
Inside the bottle, you will find just a list of the following amino acids – leucine, lysine, threonine, valine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, histidine, tryptophan, and methionine. You won’t find a single additive in the bottle of 150 tablets. However, the price is rather high, and it may not fit comfortably in your budget. Moreover, the ingredients are USDA certified organic.
Each serving contains 5,000 mg of amino acids in ultra-portable tablets. Take five a day, preferably before a workout. If you would rather, you can add the pills to liquid or take them with liquid. All of Purium’s products are non-GMO, free of dyes, flavors, sweeteners, binders, fillers, hormones, and pesticides. Now you can have the energy to do more, go longer, and workout harder with the right protein to help your body heal.
- MUSCLE SUPPORT - Amino Acids are the building blocks of all body proteins. 99% of the amino acids in Super Amino 23 get utilized in 23 minutes or less and supports bigger muscles and more power for your gym routine
- MULTIPLE BENEFITS - Super Amino 23 may aid in normalizing protein synthesis, may assist in the stabilization or recovery of lean muscle mass, strength, and endurance. Super Amino 23 may also help minimize body fat
- MASTER AMINO ACID PATTERN (MAP) - Each serving contains 5,000 mg of our blend of amino acids including the BCAAs L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. Other amino acids include L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Phenylalanine, L-Methionine, and L-Lysine HCI
- PORTABLE TABLETS - Take your aminos anywhere! Unlike shakes or drinks, Super Amino 23 is travel-friendly by coming in a solid form, making them perfect for athletes, families or anyone else on the go
- FARM TO FAMILY - All Purium products are 100% non-GMO. They contain no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, binders, fillers, hormones or pesticides
While the option above offers all the amino acids you need, the Sheer Strength Labs BCAA Capsules saves you money. It focuses on the amino acids that will bump up your muscle growth and help you recover from your workout. It helps to stimulate protein synthesis so you can put muscle on faster and more efficiently. Yes, you can get real results from this supplement, as many customers will attest to.
The inactive ingredients include gelatin (capsule), magnesium stearate, and microcrystalline cellulose, which are pretty standard for these supplements unless you want to spend a massive amount of money which most people can’t do on their budget. As for active ingredients, you get the leucine, isoleucine, and valine, the champions of the amino acid world. Mind you, the supplements are made without yeast, starch, fake colors, or preservatives.
Take three pills a day before a workout, and a single serving contains 1,950 mg of branch chain amino acids. The bottle comes with a one month supply. If for some reason, you don’t fall madly in love with the supplement, you can get a full refund, but you will be too busy at the gym getting ripped to want to try and get a refund.
- BUILD MUSCLE FASTER: Because BCAAs stimulate protein synthesis, you'll add on muscle more quickly and efficiently, all while reducing muscle fatigue and increasing the speed that you pack on muscle. That means you'll see results faster
- RECOVER FASTER: BCAAs have been shown to help your muscles recover faster, which means that they rebuild and show results more quickly, AND you won't feel as sore
- MOST POTENT BCAA FORMULA: Not all BCAAs are created equally. Sheer Strength Labs offers a potent formulation of pure BCAAs
- BURN FAT FASTER - GUARANTEED: Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) help your body burn fat faster while protecting your muscles. That means that your abs will show, your biceps will look bigger, and you'll look and feel more *ripped* than before. You'll look better with your shirt off, because you'll keep your muscle tone while burning more fat
- ADD MUSCLE OR YOUR MONEY BACK: True to our pledge of having the best supplements available, you are protected by our 100% Money Back Guarantee. If, for whatever reason, you are not completely thrilled with your purchase of Sheer Strength, return the empty bottles for a no hassle refund
We did it, we found a recovery drink without tons of creepy ingredients like food dyes and sucralose. If you hate swallowing pills and would prefer a drink mix, you need the Rescue Natural Vegan 5G BCAA Recovery Powder Supplement. Use this before, during, and after a workout to stay hydrated and build muscle strength faster.
The supplemental drink mix is free of gluten, allergen, soy, and GMOs. It’s also formulated without fake flavors, colors, or sweeteners. If you are on a fancy diet like keto, you can still take this carb light drink to fuel your workouts. It’s made to help with muscle recovery and to help increase nitric oxide production.
Let’s take a look at what’s inside the drink mix. The active ingredients are, of course, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Next, the supplement also has two other amino acids, including citrulline, and lycopene, and watermelon fruit extract to provide the flavor. The inactive ingredients include xylitol, inulin, citric acid, natural flavors, silicon dioxide, stevia, and beetroot powder for color.
Finally, the supplement provides 5 grams of BAAA at a 2:1:1 ratio, which you need to help your muscles. The other essential acids help with nitric oxide production and cardiovascular health. You can pick from either a tub for home use, or packets of the powder for on the go use, or both to work where you work both at home and at the gym.
- CRUSH YOUR NEXT WORKOUT: RESCUE is a natural recovery workout powder that can be used before, during, or post-workout. RESCUE works to enhance your mind, muscles, and maximize your recovery so you can crush your next workout!
- SUPPORTS MUSCLE RECOVERY & PROTEIN SYNTHESIS: Our RESCUE formula contains 5G branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) that help support muscle recovery and promote lean muscle protein synthesis for men and women. Our BCAA powder has 3 essential amino acids (EAAs) in a proven, perfectly balanced 2:1:1 ratio: L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. Those EAAs help delay muscle fatigue during your workout and may help reduce muscle soreness.
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH: RESCUE contains Lycopene, a powerful antioxidant found in watermelon and other fruits and vegetables that helps support cardiovascular health. Lycopene is also known as a pigment that gives fruits like tomatoes their deep red color. This is why RESCUE powder turns red when mixed with water!
- WATERMELON RECOVERY MATRIX: Made with our unique Watermelon Extract, rich in L-Citrulline and Lycopene, RESCUE helps support nitric oxide production and helps promote greater performance. It is sold in a delicious natural watermelon flavor. Simply add a serving of our formula (one scoop or packet) to 8 fl oz to 20 fl oz of water for extra hydration.
- CLEAN FUEL FOR THE BOLD: RESCUE BCAA is the newest addition to EBOOST's product line and is a 100% vegan BCAA. This product is proudly non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, keto-friendly, stimulant-free (no caffeine), and contains no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners).
If watermelon isn’t your favorite flavor, how does berry lemonade sound instead? That’s what you get with the Gnarly Nutrition BCAA Pre and Mid Workout Supplement. However, you can also pick from other flavors like fruit punch and lemon-lime. Caffeine lovers will love the little pick-me-up too straight from green tea. The vegan drink can help to increase muscle synthesis and help you recover from your workouts too.
Inside the supplement, you get more than just leucine, isoleucine, and valine; you also get red algae, caffeine, and a hint of potassium. The inactive ingredients include erythritol, natural flavors, IMO fiber (a prebiotic), citric acid, malic acid, beet juice, stevia, and silicon dioxide. A single bottle contains 30 servings of 1 level scoop to power your workouts for a full month if you drink one drink a day.
What’s special about this drink mix is you can drink it any time of day, and it’s gentle on the stomach. Moreover, it’s free of GMOs, soy, sugar, gluten, and artificial ingredients. Don’t worry about the caffeine levels as its only 35 mg or about the amount of one cup of coffee – not enough to cause jitters. However, you can get caffeine-free if you want too.
- VEGAN BCAAS: Each serving packs 5 grams of natural and clean vegan branched chain amino acids at a 2:1:1 ratio (2.5g leucine, 1.25g isoleucine, 1.25g valine)
- PROMOTES MUSCLE SYNTHESIS: Take before and during exercise to reduce muscle soreness and promote muscle synthesis
- KIND TO ALL DIETS: Our great tasting formula is GMO free, soy free, sugar free and gluten free; Gentle on your stomach and easily absorbed; contains no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
- TAKE ANY TIME OF DAY: Mix one scoop in 12-16 oz of water or blend into your favorite smoothie; we recommend taking it prior to training and following up with some protein
- CAFFEINE-FREE OPTIONS: Enjoy it in flavors that are naturally caffeinated (35 mg/serving from green tea leaf) or in caffeine free flavors
With the Natura BCAA Capsules by Natural Formulas Supplement, you can recover from workouts, build lean muscles, and synthesis growth with essential amino acids your body doesn’t make on its own. However, the supplement only offers 1600 mg of leucine, isoleucine, and valine, which is lower than the other options. It’s designed to help athletes do what they do better without all the typical problems, so they can enjoy their workouts more.
The bottle offers a one month supply if you take two pills per day. It’s made in the USA in a GMP and NSF certified facility. Furthermore, it offers long-term natural results without preservatives or artificial ingredients. If, for some reason, you don’t’ fall in love with the supplement, you can get your money back for a full year!
Also, the supplement comes with a few inactive ingredients to keep the pills stable, including bovine based gelatin, vegetable magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide to prevent caking. The formula is made to help you eliminate muscle soreness, build lean muscle, and burn fat while protecting your muscle. Go the distance with more endurance with a supplement focused on your workout.
- MOST POTENT FORMULA - Ideal 2:1:1 ratio pills of l Leucine, l Isoleucine & l Valine.
- RECOVER WAY FASTER - Formulated to drastically help eliminate muscle soreness now.
- BUILD LEAN MUSCLE - Triggers protein synthesis, you will gain muscle building more quickly.
- STEADY ENERGY - Boost your pre workout energy with a dose of 211 aminos.
- OUR PROMISE - You are protected by our 365 Day Manufacturer Guarantee.
Buying Guide for BCAA Supplements
Before making your final choice on which supplement to buy, take a look at key factors to determine which will help you work out better. You can build the body you want with the right supplement.
The active ingredients are all essential amino acids your body doesn’t make on its own. Those three acids are leucine, isoleucine, and valine, and they work together to boost muscles and exercise. Also, they are are the building blocks for protein along with the other amino acids. You need amino acids but cannot get the essential amino acids in food, and you need to eat them to get them in your system.
With this particular set of acids, you get a set grouped together because they branch off to one side with a branched structure, unlike the other essential amino acids. They make up about 35 to 40 percent of all the essential amino acids in the body and 14 to 18 percent of those in the muscles.
The three BCAA’s also to help with many other body functions too. Take a look.
Benefits for Bodybuilding
The benefits of BCAA’s go far beyond just helping your muscles and endurance; they can help with many other aspects of your health too. Because of their ability to help gain muscles, it’s the main choice for athletes and bodybuilders. Next, the supplement also helps fitness-minded people because it can speed up recovery time.
In addition, branched acids can promote better liver health, including cirrhosis and even fight liver cancer. Moreover, the acids can help to prevent muscle loss even that attributed to the aging process. The branched amino acids can also help to increase weight loss too. Finally, the acids work with other acids as neurotransmitters along with several other bodily functions too.
Overall, BCAAs are generally safe as you can get them in food, and you need them for optimal health. However, if you take doses over 35 grams per day (35,000 mg), you may experience negative side effects, but usually only if you already have health issues.
Stay within the recommended guidelines to avoid issues. If you have any ongoing health issues, speak with your doctor before taking a BCAA supplement. If you do over, do the supplement look for symptoms such as excessive weight loss, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, seizures, coma, and in very rare instances, even death.
Questions About BCAAs
What’s the best time of day to take BCAAs?
Take the supplements about 30 minutes before a workout to get the best benefits. Some people recommend taking BCAAs both before and after your workouts to optimize your exercise program. Also, you can take them right before bed to help you with muscle recovery, too, and even reduce muscle soreness as you sleep. Make sure to take the supplements on both workout days and non-workout days for the best benefit.
Are there natural food sources of BCAAs?
You can eat your BCAA’s too. They can be found in meats, poultry, and fish in high amounts. A few vegan options offer BCAA’s as well, such as legumes. Finally, dairy products, eggs, and tempeh also can supply you with the branched-chain proteins.
Would it be better to take an amino acid supplement instead?
It depends on your needs. If you do want to get a complete amino acid profile, try brown rice protein powder as it has all 20 amino acids or try spirulina, which has 18 amino acids, including the three branched-chain amino acids.
Several of the supplements above offer more than just BCAAs but all nine essential acids at the bare minimum. The other non-essential amino acids your body is capable of creating unlike the essentials meaning they are of more importance whether you eat a terrible or healthy diet.
For more information on what supplements to take after a workout, watch this video:
If you still cannot decide which supplement to pick, try the Essential Amino Acids by Double Wood Supplements. It a great source of not just the three branch chained amino acids but all nine amino acids. The supplement can help to improve your bodybuilding efforts along with your endurance and energy levels too. You need essential amino acids for countless bodily functions, why not increase the ones you need for strong muscles and gain the extra benefits!
Last Updated on