The Top 7 Pea Protein Powders Reviewed
If you are looking for a plant-based, non-dairy muscle builder, look no further than pea protein powder supplements. Gym-goers and health-conscious people can fill up on amino acids without turning to milk byproducts that are difficult to digest and don’t fit into many diets. Not everyone needs additional protein, but if you do, this is the place to go to for the information you need.
From so many options available, though, it may seem a daunting task to find the best option for your diet. Don’t worry, we have you covered with the seven best options with the right ingredients. You won’t find allergens or creepy ingredients below, as we only accept the best of the best for our customers.
Stay on after and find out everything you want to know about pea protein powder. We will answer your questions, tell you the benefits for your health, and tell you about the potential side effects. First, though, take a look at the seven best options and decide which works best for your lifestyle and workout goals.
Best Pea Protein Powders
With the Aspen Naturals Organic Pea Protein, you can improve your protein levels without eating animal-based products. Gain the amino acids you need to build muscle with a plant-based, keto-friendly, and low carb option. You can use this powder before, during, or after a workout to help with muscle growth along with recovery.
The only ingredient is organic yellow pea protein sourced right here in the USA. It’s a rich source of amino acids, including BCAAs such as arginine, isoleucine, leucine, and valine. These are the amino acids you need to boost muscle mass and help with maintenance and recovery. Also, the supplement is free from dairy, gluten, and it’s perfect for vegan diets. If you want to up your protein without dairy products, this is the way to go.
Next, the supplement is free of added sugar, so you don’t have to worry about putting on added weight or dealing with any potential sugar issues. Moreover, the supplement is made with high-quality ingredients and no fillers. With pea protein powder, you don’t have to worry about digestion issues as it’s less likely to cause an upset stomach or bloating.
Get your daily dose of iron and even some potassium, too, with just over 100 calories per servings. The kicker is you get 20 grams of protein, which is about forty percent of the protein you need a day. All this without a flavor so you can blend it into anything from smoothies, shakes, milk, or even baked goods.
- NORTH AMERICA SOURCED. ORGANIC. 3RD PARTY TESTED. Here at Aspen Naturals, we tested dozens of samples from various suppliers around the country, and based our choice on organic quality, flavor profile, 3rd party testing, and country of origin. We DO NOT source our ingredients from China.
- ULTIMATE PLANT PROTEIN: 20g of protein. One of the best-known plant-based alternatives to whey, pea protein powder has one of the richest sources of the amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine, which may help boost the maintenance and growth of muscle mass*
- OUR PROMISE: Aspen Naturals Organic Pea Protein isolate is made from responsibly sourced, high quality, yellow peas and packaged in the USA. It's dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly, making it a great protein source for all dietary needs. Our organic yellow pea protein has no added artificial flavors, fillers, or sugars
- OPTIMAL HEALTH: Unlike many animal proteins, our organic plant-based protein is easy for your body to digest, with no bloating or upset stomach. Pea protein powder is also a naturally nutritious source of iron, arginine, and branched-chain amino acids. It may help support fast muscle recovery & aid in weight loss efforts
- POST WORK OUT RECOVERY: Studies have shown that for the best results, you should consume protein within 30 minutes of a workout. By mixing one serving of our organic pea protein into your favorite post-workout shake or smoothie, your body gets 20g of protein and the fuel it needs
The Organic Vegan Protein Powder by BN Labs gives you a vegan pea protein powder with two flavor options, including chocolate and vanilla. With two tasty flavors, you can drink your way to healthy with a rich, smooth, and creamy texture without grit. Improve your workouts and increase your protein without whey, which can be too tough on stomachs.
Get a massive dose of nutrition, including calcium, iron, potassium, and BCAA’s (branched-chain amino acids) with minimal carbs or sugars. It’s an excellent choice for people on a paleo or keto diet because of the low carb count. Furthermore, you get 21 grams of protein per serving with just 130 calories. Also, a single serving provides 27 servings so you can take it six days a week.
The active ingredients include organic brown rice protein and organic pumpkin protein for complete plant-based nutrition. The inactive ingredients are organic, including cocoa powder (processed with alkali), flaxseed, coconut sugar, flavor, guar gum, sea salt, stevia extract, and monk fruit extract. All of these ingredients stabilize the powder and improve the taste without adding tons of sugar or unhealthy ingredients.
Lastly, you can fit this protein powder into your busy life, as this offers high standards and a delicious taste. It’s manufactured in a GMP certified facility with testing for several different aspects to offer the best quality. What you don’t get is dairy, soy, gluten, or GMO’s, leaving you with just an organic powder ready to improve your life. Build more muscles with the right protein.
- USDA ORGANIC PLANT BASED: Contains 3 sources of organic, non-GMO protein - pea, pumpkin, brown rice, with added organic omegas from Flax Seed.
- BEST TASTING VEGAN PROTEIN – Rich, creamy, smooth plant based protein. None of the gritty chalk taste.
- NUTRITION FACTS: 21g of protein, 1g of sugar, 0g added sugar, 4g of carbs, 130 calories, and 2.6g BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- BEST SHAKE FOR A BUSY LIFESTYLE: Easy to blend or mix shake for men, women, and kids. The perfect protein boost for lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
- HIGH STANDARDS: Manufactured in a GMP certified facility that is tested for protein content, heavy metals, and microbials.
The Source Organic – Premium Pea Protein Isolate offers two pounds of unflavored pea protein. With a single ingredient, you know you are getting a formula without fillers or sweeteners. Instead, you get a vegetarian and vegan-friendly formula perfect for keto diets or any other diet! It’s time to build muscles, increase your endurance, and improve your energy levels with a natural supplement.
With pea protein as the only ingredient, you don’t need to deal with allergens or fake sugars. What you do get is 22 grams of protein without preservatives or other creepy ingredients. Peas offer more than just protein. You also get vitamins, including magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, BCAAs, and arginine. One serving includes two scoops, and you get 35 servings in the container with only 100 calories each.
In conclusion, the ingredients are sourced from a Canadian organic farm for the highest quality. The company is GMP certified with both packaging and testing in America. Just mix the powder in a shake, milk, smoothie, or other liquid of your choice. You benefit from the protein without any dairy or animal sources to improve your muscles and workouts too.
- Only One Ingredient: Organic Yellow Pea Protein Isolate
- 22g of protein, 4.8g of BCAAs, and 2.18g of arginine per serving
- Sourced exclusively from Canadian organic farms
- No added flavors, colors, or sugars, and Allergen free
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly
If you know or love Now Sports supplements, get the NOW Sports Nutrition Organic Pea Protein for the same high-quality you expect from this brand. Moreover, the brand will save you money and comes in two flavors – natural chocolate and natural unflavored. While Now is a great brand, not all of their supplements are organic, but this one is, and it’s the right protein to gear up your muscles for a workout.
Listing the ingredients is easy as it only contains organic yellow pea protein isolate. That’s it, no fillers, fake sugars, or other creepy ingredients. You do get a massive dose of exactly what you are after essential, nonessential, and BCAA amino acids to provide the meat your muscle needs. Beyond 18 amino acids, you also get 15 grams of protein for 30 percent of your daily value along with smaller doses of iron, calcium, and fiber.
Not only is this supplement organic but also GMO-free. It also contains 34 servings with two-level scoops per serving. With just 80 calories per serving, you will fill up on muscle building material instead of sugars and spend less time eating. You can lose weight, feel full, and gain muscle, all from an affordable option ready to increase your overall health.
- Same trusted quality with a brand new look! Packaging may vary
- 15 G PROTEIN: A non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 15 grams of easily-digested protein.
- PURE, UNFLAVORED, MIXES EASILY: Each 2 scoop serving typically has over 2,700 mg of branched-chain amino acids, and over 1,300 mg of arginine.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
Get a spin on pea protein powder with the Nutrasumma 100% Plant-Based Fermented Pea Protein Powder. What makes it special is its fermented pea protein to aid in digestion, comfort, and absorption. Next, you will notice the product is ultra-pure as it’s free of GMOs, soy, gluten, artificial colors, and flavors. You get the best bioavailability, and it comes in an unflavored powder to avoid added sugars or substitutes.
With 3,500 mg of protein, you can stay active, while the BCAA’s help maintains your health, energy, and endurance. Even better, you don’t have to worry about added ingredients of any sort with just a single ingredient. Instead, you get 18 of the 20 amino acids to grow your muscles and help you fight hunger. Protein fills you up so you can avoid excessive hunger, so you fill full longer and eat less.
One container houses 38 servings of protein powder and only 100 calories per scoop. It includes several essential nutrients such as phosphorus, sodium, and potassium with minimal carbs and no sugar, making this very keto-friendly. The supplement is made in America in a GMP facility.
Finally, the vegan formula is ready to improve your health with the most bioavailability. Add it to a smoothie, shake, baked goods, or anything else you would like to amp up your protein intake. Get the best digestion with fermented pea protein to make the most of your protein and improve your workouts.
- Nutrition: 20g of Protein, 0g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, 100 Calories per serving.
- Ingredients: No Additional Ingredients.
- Quality: Made From the Most Natural Non-GMO Source to Ensure Product Integrity. Manufactured in the USA following all GMP Standards.
- Natural: No Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners or Colors. Vegan-Friendly, NON-GMO, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free.
- Process: Fermented for Optimum Digestion and Bioavailability.
Choose Growing Naturals Gold Standard Raw Pea Protein Powder if you want more flavor options from your pea protein powder. First, choose your favorite flavor from chocolate, vanilla, original, or strawberry. Second, pick from one pound or two pounds to spend less time shopping for supplements or get one that fits in your gym bag. Get gold standard raw pea protein that’s highly digestible and ready to replace animal or dairy-based protein powders.
What are the ingredients? With this supplement, you get pea protein, organic coconut palm sugar, organic whole grain brown rice, natural vanilla flavor, and organic stevia. As you can see, this powder even offers organic ingredients to give you the best possible nutrition. Moreover, its allergy-free with no gluten, soy, dairy, corn, or lactose. It’s even non-GMO, vegan, and kosher. The company doesn’t even use chemicals for their manufacturing process.
In addition, you get a list of vitamins, too, including calcium, vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. You don’t get any fiber with this option, though. The container has 19 servings of 1 scoop of powder ready to go in liquid. Your body will love this easy to digest, creamy, and mildly flavored supplement with high environmentally-friendly practices. Get all the amino acids you need for strong workouts and extra endurance.
- GOLD STANDARD RAW PEA PROTEIN | An exzyme-rich plant with high digestibility. Our protein is packed with powerful higher branched chain amino acids than other vegetable proteins. Shelf-stable quality protein, the perfect replacement for animal-based protein
- LIFESTYLE & FOOD ALLERGY-FRIENDLY | Free of gluten (verified by batch), soy, dairy, corn & lactose. Our pea protein is non-GMO verified, vegan & Kosher. Manufacturing process uses NO chemical solvents to separate & concentrate natural protein
- MAKE ANY MEAL HIGH PROTEIN | Mix this sustainably sourced, Earth-friendly protein into soups, sauces, oatmeal, pancakes, muffins & more. With only 6g of carbs and 3g of sugar it is the perfect natural supplement for muscle growth and maintaining a balanced diet
- NATURALLY NUTRITIOUS | Highest plant source per gram of protein for Lysine, benefiting tissue, bone and antibody development. Fill your protein needs, feel full, and provide 25-30% of your daily iron per serving. Perfect building block for our immune system
- FOR THE HEALTHY MINDED | Our products are made with plant-based proteins designed to fuel people who thoughtfully select what goes in their bodies, whether by choice or necessity, from Vegans to those managing Celiac. Scroll down to learn more
Gain the benefits of pea protein with other nutrient-dense ingredients with Alaya Naturals Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder. This is an organic mix of protein supplements ready to improve your muscles and fuel your body for long workouts. Mix it into water, milk, a smoothie or shake to boost your protein intake before or after a workout. You can also use it as a light meal to help with your weight loss goals without sacrificing muscle growth.
Not only is this plant-based protein source organic, but it’s also free of GMOs, dairy, gluten, soy, and added sugar. Furthermore, the USDA certified supplement is cruelty-free from ethically-sourced from sustainable pea. The company uses a GMP facility with high-quality standards and practices. If for some reason you don’t love the supplement, you can get a full refund and try one of the other options on the list.
With the fabulous mix of healthy ingredients, you won’t want to return the powder. It includes a protein blend with organic pea protein, brown rice protein, and hemp protein. The active ingredients also include an enzyme blend, including organic spirulina powder and DigeZyme powder.
The inactive organic ingredients include vanilla flavor, Arabic gum powder, cacao powder, coconut cream milk powder, and monk fruit extract. This provides 22 grams of protein along with essential nutrients like calcium, iron, niacin, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, and potassium. Also, a single container only holds 130 calories and 15 servings, meaning you will need to buy two containers a month, which will cost a little bit more than all budgets can afford.
- ORGANIC PLANT-BASED PROTEIN - Treat your body to clean & pure plant protein with absolutely nothing artificial added. Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, & No Added Sugar. Cruelty-Free, Ethically-Sourced, & Sustainable.
- FUEL FOR YOUR BODY - 22 grams of plant-based protein, complete with the nine essential amino acids (including branched-chain amino acids) in every serving.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS - Our plant-based protein powder is a blend of certified organic pea, hemp, and sprouted brown rice proteins along with a hit of energizing organic spirulina. Added DigeZyme enzyme blend enhances absorption & digestion.
- EASY TO PREPARE - Mix with water, milk, or milk alternative for a quick pre or post-workout boost, light breakfast, or a delicious snack.
- RISK-FREE - As with all Alaya Naturals products, shop with confidence knowing that your order is always backed by a 100% money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied.
Buying Guide for Pea Protein Powder Supplements
Find the right supplement for your workout routine, but first, get all the facts to make the best decision.
Pea protein powder is quickly becoming a favorite among the health-conscious and bodybuilding community. Why? Because it’s dairy-free and easy to digest. A scoop of pea protein powder usually contains around 120 calories, about a gram of carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 24 massive grams of protein. It even comes with decent amounts of iron, sodium, calcium, and potassium, too, for added health.
The best pea protein powders have the least amount of ingredients with just the protein and maybe a little flavoring. Try to avoid options with tons of unnecessary fillers or additives. Always opt for the more nutrient-dense options like those without GMOs and organic options to get the most nutrient-dense ingredients.
Benefits for Bodybuilding
The main benefit of peas is definitely the extra-large dose of protein. Beyond the amino acid content, peas can help you lose weight, increase muscle thickness, and even balance out blood sugar levels. Moreover, the plant-based powder can help promote healthy kidney and heart function, too, making them a great option for supplementing your muscle-building routine.
While peas are generally safe and a great way to increase your protein levels, you may run into a few issues if you eat too much of the powder. High amounts can lead to weight gain, bone loss, kidney problems, and reduced liver function. Make sure to only take the recommended dosage to avoid these complications. Finally, some of the supplements can contain high sodium content, and this can be an issue for some people.
Questions About Pea Protein Powder
What does bioavailable mean when it comes to supplements?
Bioavailable simply refers to how much of a nutrient the body can absorb. Usually, the body can only absorb a portion of a supplement, and ones that are more available will easily absorb into your system. Options with BCAA’s often absorb better.
Can I stack pea protein with another supplement for more benefits?
Absolutely. You may want to alternate between different plant-based supplements to get more variety. Not only will this help you get more vitamins and nutrients, but also different flavors to keep you from getting sick of a single flavor. It may be better to stick to single-ingredient options to get the most out of your protein powders.
To see how pea protein stacks up against other vegan protein sources, watch this video:
Does pea protein powder help with fat loss?
Yes, while pea protein does not directly cause fat loss, it does help you build muscles, which can help you lose weight as you gain muscle. Moreover, the high protein content can help you to feel fuller faster, so you aren’t as hungry and with very few calories. Many bodybuilders use these supplements as a meal replacement.
Also, pea protein takes longer to digest, which can give you a slow burn, so you don’t want to eat as often, which will also help to reduce your food intake. Just make sure to eat a nutrient-dense diet if you plan to use protein powder for weight loss as it does not offer your complete nutrition, and you need more than just amino acids.
Pea protein powder can help you to get the amino acids you need to bulk up and gain extra endurance and energy at the gym. Pump up your muscles and gain other health benefits with the Aspen Naturals Organic Pea Protein Supplement. It works many different diets and helps to support muscle health so you can reach your goals without reaching for hard-to-digest whey protein powders. Start working out and seeing more benefits now!
Last Updated on