The Top 7 Vegan Protein Powders Reviewed
Dairy protein powders fill the shelves, but they aren’t the only way to load up on amino acids. People on a vegetarian or vegan diet can’t use whey or casein supplements to get their protein needs filled. Have no fear, vegan options abound, and you can try several plant-based proteins to find what works for you.
We found the seven best options to help you get protein from peas, peanuts, chia, pumpkin, rice, and more. The vast majority of the plant-based proteins offer all 18 of the amino acids, including BCAA’s, which help to improve your endurance and grow strong muscles. Moreover, we found options free of fake ingredients that can ruin all of your efforts, like fake sugars and ingredients that cause stomach issues.
Take a look at our favorite option and skip spending hours searching the internet. We list all of the ingredients, so you don’t have to go hunting for information, especially allergens. Go forth and grow muscles and recover from your workouts with the right plant-based supplement for your needs. Read up below about important facts about protein powders too.
Best Vegan Protein Powders
If you are looking for chocolate bliss, you need the Amazing Vegan Plant-Based Protein Powder Supplement. It’s a protein-based supplement made with plant-based proteins, probiotics, digest enzymes, and stevia. Vegetarians will love the benefits from plant-sourced protein ready to help them grow muscles and improve their endurance without unacceptable additives.
Get 18 amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids to fuel your workouts. Beyond the acids, you also get bacillus coagulans as probiotics, 4-alpha-D-glucan glucanohydrolase, protease, and beta-D-galactoside galactophydrolase to help you digest the supplement and improve your gut health. The protein benefits come from ingredients without non-GMO and organic sources of pea protein and brown rice protein.
The inactive ingredients include cocoa, natural flavors, xanthan gum, stevia, and sea salt. With this supplement, you get 42 percent of your daily protein with 21 grams of protein. Also, the supplement is low in sugars, sodium, fat, and cholesterol. Moreover, you get vitamin C, calcium, and iron for well-rounded health.
Finally, the supplement is third-party tested and works out of an FDA registered facility. Use this supplement to improve muscle growth and repair, increased metabolism, muscle maintenance, build strength, improve endurance, and speed up recovery. If chocolate isn’t your favorite flavor, you can also get s’mores or vanilla! Get thirty servings of protein now and improve your muscles the right way.
- ✅THE BEST Vegan Plant Based Protein Powder that gives you outstanding nutrition, energy, and growth. Helps populate your digestive system with lots of beneficial bacteria for better digestion and absorption of nutrients. Now your body uses food for energy with less stored as fat.
- ✅100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ensures this will quickly become your favorite no-risk purchase. Many people are stocking up with 2 or 3 to continue the benefits for several months and share with family. HURRY AND BUY NOW while we have this very popular supplement in plentiful supply. This is a thoughtful birthday present, holiday gift, or anniversary gift for anyone who wants healthy digestion with all its many benefits.
- ✅3rd Party TESTED AND TRUSTED: Third-Party Tested NON GMO with Premium Organic ingredients; can be used for bodybuilding or any athletic event or everyday use or regular use.
- ✅FEEL AMAZING without feeling bloated. Helps you feel full through your day so you're not tempted to snack, consume sugary drinks, or over eat at meal times. Now you can eat a far healthier diet and feel satisfied.
- ✅UNLOCKS VITAMINS, Minerals, Amino Acids, Carbohydrates for optimal absorption. This gives your body more of what it needs to repair, recover, and rejuvenate. No wonder you feel younger with greater stamina and endurance. Just right for those who feel tired or worn out during their day. Gives you the healthy boost you need to finish strong.
Get a dose of plant protein and superfoods with the Epic Protein, Organic Plant Protein + Superfoods Supplement. Pick from three flavors, including vanilla lucuma, original unflavored, or chocolate maca. Moreover, this supplement isn’t just vegan, it’s also gluten-free, and USDA certified organic, so you know you are feeding your muscles the best food possible.
The active ingredients include a mix of plant-based proteins includes yellow pea, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, Sacha inchi, and cranberry seed. Next, the inactive ingredients include vanilla, lucuma fruit, cinnamon, ginger root, coconut crystals, heirloom red banana, Jerusalem artichoke, baobab fruit, Himalayan pink salt, and stevia leaf.
Furthermore, the nutrient-dense supplement has an exotic creamy texture and a full-bodied sweetness without creepy sugar additives. It’s the perfect option to restore balance, stamina, and muscle growth. All from an ultra-clean and third party tested company—no need to worry about gums, fillers, or artificial ingredients.
Simply add two scoops to your favorite liquid or smoothie and start enjoying the benefits. One container holds 26 servings for six days a week of nutrition. It also offers some vitamins, too, including calcium, iron, and potassium. All this with very little bad stuff like carbs, fats, sugars, sodium, and zero cholesterol.
- DELICIOUS SUPERFOOD PROTEIN - Nutrient-rich superfood blend with exotic lucuma fruit and delicious vanilla bean; a creamy texture, rich real flavor and full-bodied sweetness with no 'fake' aftertaste; natural source of balance, stamina and beta-carotene.
- COMPLETE PLANT PROTEIN - 19 grams per serving of complete vegan protein from five sources including Yellow Pea, Pumpkin Seed, Sunflower Seed, Sacha Inchi and Cranberry Seed.
- NUTRIENT-DENSE WHOLE FOODS - Organic, multi-source plant protein made from 100% nutrient-dense, whole food ingredients that are easily digestible and help your body function at its best.
- PURE, ULTRA-CLEAN and 3RD PARTY TESTED - No artificial or “natural” flavoring or sweeteners, gums, “other ingredients” or additives whatsoever. Just check the ingredient list versus other proteins!
- NEW 2LB SIZE** Jumpstart your day with a month's supply of the perfect plant-based protein fuel. Just add 2 scoops to your favorite liquid or smoothie recipe, mix, and enjoy!
When people think of plant-based protein, they think of pea protein or brown rice, but there is a new plant protein on the market. With the Aqua Sprout Vegan Plant Protein Powder by Healing Butterfly, you get water lentil protein sourced from a single ingredient that’s nutrient-dense and ready to offer you muscle growth. It’s hydroponically grown, harvested, and packed right here in America.
It has a mild flavor ready to help you enjoy taking your protein and gaining all the benefits. What’s great about the supplement is you get 18 of the 20 amino acids, including both essential and nonessential, along with BCAA options ready to help you build muscles and increase endurance. It’s also a great source of calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, B6, and E, riboflavin, folate, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, omega-3, and chlorophyll.
The container holds 20 servings, and you only need one scoop to gain 20 percent of your daily protein needs. You don’t have to worry about GMOs, dairy, animal products, or creepy ingredients. It’s vegan and offers as many benefits as a multivitamin but from a natural food source meaning your body will better absorb the stuff you want. Start living your best life without protein supplements filled with ingredients that won’t fuel your workouts and weightlifting.
- A SPECIAL SINGLE INGREDIENT: 100% premium quality water lentil protein with exceptional health benefits. The nutrient-dense premium water lentil protein isolate is hydroponically grown, harvested, and packaged in the USA.
- PURITY AND FRESHNESS: Vegan, non-GMO plant protein powder. Does not contain flavors, colors, sweeteners. Every batch is produced with freshly harvested water lentil.
- COMPLEX FOR YOUR BODY: Daily source of protein, amino acids, fibers, Omega 3s, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, vitamin A, E, B6, and other important nutrients.
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Manufactured domestically in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with superior quality standards.
- SERVING: 1 scoop (20g) per serving. Blends well in your smoothies and other drinks.
Choose ATAQ Plant-Based Protein Powder if you want a variety of proteins from plant sources. The supplement provides you with just 150 calories and tons of nutrients along with a rich, creamy flavor. Pick from the standard flavors like chocolate and vanilla or the unique matcha flavor for green tea lovers.
The supplement contains a blend of golden pea, rice, flax, white chia, and pumpkin seed. As for the other ingredients, you get alkalized cocoa, stevia, sea salt, and a digestive enzyme blend. You don’t have to worry about GMOs, gluten, soy, or dairy. Instead, the supplement focuses on pre and post-workout ingredients like 25 grams of protein.
Next, you get eighteen of the twenty amino acids, including essential, nonessential, and BCAA’s. Add in calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium, and you have a recipe for healthy. Simply mix two scoops of powder into liquid and drink up. The only issue is the package only contains 13 servings, which isn’t even two full weeks of shakes. If you are an athlete or fitness-minded person, this is the protein-packed supplement you want in your gym bag.
- PLANT BASED PROTEIN BLEND: Our plant based protein blend includes golden pea, rice, flax, white chia, and pumpkin seed proteins providing a complete protein profile comparable to whey.
- COMPLETE BCAA AND ESSENTIAL AMINO ACID PROFILE: 3.7g BCAAs including Isoleucine, Leucine, and Valine along with essential amino acids alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, cystine, glutamic acid, glycine, histidine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, proline, serine, threonine, tryptophan, and tyrosine.
- NO ADDED SUGAR & EASY TO DIGEST: DigeZyme Digestive Enzyme Blend helps aid digestion and absorption of functional nutrients to support muscle tissue repair and recovery.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Manufactured in the U.S., ATAQ products are all plant based, gluten-free, non-GMO, soy free, contain no artificial sweeteners or added sugars and are WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) compliant.
- DELICIOUS & EASY TO USE: Includes 1lb pouch, 13 servings of ATAQ Chocolate Protein Powder which is super soluble and can be mixed easily into the liquid of your choice or blended into a smoothie with additional fruits and vegetables.
Do you love peanuts? Are you free from a peanut allergy? Then try the Norcal Organic Peanut Butter Powder and get your peanut butter without the bread or crackers. It’s so popular, it often sells out so you may want to stock up on this tasty option. Honestly, the only reason it’s lower on the list is because many people are allergic to peanuts.
What’s even better than a single ingredient is the supplement is made with organic peanuts only—no fillers, sugars, oils, molasses, dairy, gluten, or soy. What you do get is 4 grams of fiber, 11 grams of protein, 120 mg of potassium, 21 percent of your daily magnesium, and five percent of the iron you need a day. You also get 19 instead of 18 amino acids from peanuts, including BCAA’s essentials your body cannot make and non-essentials your body can make.
The organic Spanish peanuts come from Texas family farms and are processed mechanically after a light roasting. Add the peanut powder to shakes, smoothies, baked goods, or anything you like. You can even replace peanut butter by mixing it with water. One container holds 41 servings if you use two scoops per shake. Get healthy, the tasty way, with delicious peanuts.
- 11g protein and only 3g fat per serving
- Norcal is the first organic whey protein to be certified by the Non-GMO Project and the American Humane Association
- 21% of Your Daily Value of Magnesium
- 14% of Your Daily Value For Fiber
- Please see last image for details about our packaging.
The EarthChimp Vegan Protein Powder offers a blend of protein, superfoods, probiotics, and other ingredients into a single tasty drink mix, all from one tasty drink mix ready to improve your diet. Moreover, one container holds 26 servings for a whole month minus Sundays. Even better, it comes in three flavors, including chocolate, vanilla, and natural unsweetened.
All of the ingredients are organic when possible, and the active ingredients are plant-based protein, including pea, pumpkin, sunflower, and coconut. Next, the inactive ingredients include cocoa to hide the healthier flavors. Furthermore, each serving comes with a dose of organic fruits and veggies, including dates, bananas, strawberry, beets, kale, and spinach.
The list of ingredients goes on with a superfood blend of flax, baobab, cinnamon, turmeric, and cacao, monk fruit extract, and natural flavors. From there, the list ends with a probiotic and digestive blend, including bacillus coagulans, amylase, protease, cellulase, lactase, and lipase. With these ingredients, you get 20 grams of protein with only 130 calories per serving.
Finally, the formula is made without creepy ingredients like sugar alcohols, gums, carrageenan, sugars, salt, soy, dairy, gluten, or lactose. If you love Ireland and stevia will love this formula ready to load you up on not just protein but a whole multivitamin drink ready to improve every aspect of your life. Toss it in a post-workout shake for recovery or drink it beforehand to power your bench presses.
- NATURAL TASTE – Not too sweet, not artificial and so balanced even Goldie Locks would find it "just right". That's because we take our time to craft our shakes with botanical ingredients like real cocoa for a natural taste you'll love.
- NUTRITIONIST RECOMMENDED – Our vegan protein shake boasts 20g of plant based protein per serving, Organic Fruits & Veggies, and Superfoods like Baobab, Flax, Turmeric & Cinnamon. In other words, our Irish-Made vegan shake will help you feel as good about your body as we do about the earth.
- TUMMY FRIENDLY – 1 billion Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes and 4g of fiber per serving will make your tummy happy. Gum-free and Erythritol-free; not to mention no soy, dairy, gluten, GMOs or added sugar in sight will make your tummy even happier. Choose a happy tummy.
- VERSATILE – Whether it's a nutritious breakfast smoothie, a grab-and-go shake at work or a post-workout recovery shake... we've got you covered with 20g of complete vegan protein from Organic Plant based protein
- NO NASTIES - Nothing that your mother warned you about.... No Sugar Alcohols (Erythritol), No Gums, No Carageenan, No Added Sugar, No Added Salt, No Soya, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Lactose Free. And it's made in Ireland!
Find out why hundreds of people turn to the Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder to meet their protein needs. Pick from two delicious flavors, including chocolate peanut butter and peanut butter to get 21 grams or 42 percent of your daily protein supply. Also, this is a USDA certified organic supplement ready to provide you the best ingredients to power your exercise routines and help you build muscle in bulk.
Mind you, this supplement has peanuts, so if you have an allergy, you need to avoid the supplement altogether. Beyond protein, you also get potassium, fiber, calcium, and iron. However, the powder is slightly high in sodium. A single container contains twenty servings of powder if you use two scoops per shake or smoothie. It’s vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
The ingredients include all organic pea protein, brown rice protein, and chia seed as the active ingredients. Next, the supplement includes creamer made of acacia gum, sunflower oil, inulin, rice dextrin’s, rice bran, rosemary, peanut flour, erythritol, natural flavors, cocoa, potassium chloride, sea salt, acacia gum, guar gum, stevia, and xanthan gum.
Honestly, this is too many ingredients for our tastes and some that can cause stomach problems for certain people, but the taste is through the roof amazing. Use this as a meal replacement or to build muscles, for recovery, and before or after workouts. If you rather, you can also add this supplement to baked goods for an added treat to fuel your weightlifting.
- Includes 1 (2.03 Pound) Orgain Organic Plant Based Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 6 grams of organic dietary fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, 1 gram of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, Non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when bakin grams to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, buildin grams lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
Buying Guide for Vegan Protein Powder
Find the right supplement once you have the facts. Take a look at the active ingredients to help you make a decision. Also, look at the benefits and side effects for a more comprehensive overview.
Ingredient and Benefits
With plants, you can get protein from a variety of sources. Take a look at each of the main options and find out the benefits for each.
Pea protein comes from peas, and it’s an amazing plant ready to help your heart, kidney, and blood sugar levels. Use it to help with weight loss and increase muscle mass.
Pumpkin seeds come from the plant and offer a ton of nutrition. They can fuel your workout as a rich source of fiber and protein along with healthy fats and magnesium.
Water lentils are a water-based superfood with anti-inflammatory properties. They can help with digestion and help your body detox along with the high protein content ready to help you bulk up your muscles.
Flax seeds are another superfood you can grind up and add to your food. The seeds loaded with protein, fiber, and fatty acids. These seeds even have high doses of antioxidants to keep your immune system healthy.
Chia seeds are also a superfood with fatty acids with a large fiber and protein content. They can help with digestive health, balance blood sugar, boost energy and exercise, make bones stronger, and help with weight loss.
Peanuts also offer fatty acids, fiber, and protein, all of which can improve your health and make workouts easier. They are a nutrient-dense food too for overall health and can help with weight loss while building muscles.
Sunflower seeds come from sunflowers and provide you with protein that can combat bone loss and muscle cramps along with a host of other benefits like supporting thyroid function, and they have omega fatty acids with many other nutrients too.
Coconut is not just a fruit but a superfood with a lot of fiber, iron, and protein. This fruit does have higher amounts of carbs, though, but it helps to aid metabolism, fight constipation, and build muscle.
Brown rice offers decent levels of fiber, iron, calcium, and vitamin C, but its superpower is massive protein levels filled with amino acids ready to bulk muscles.
As all of the ingredients to make plant-based protein powder are from plants, they are considered very safe. However, you don’t want to overdo protein powders as it can have an effect on your health, but mainly from unnecessary ingredients, we avoided on this list. Also, too much protein powder can lead to weight gain, bone loss, kidney problems, and liver issues. Do not take more than the recommended amount of any supplement to avoid issues.
Questions About Vegan Protein
Are vegan protein powders more sustainable than animal-based powders?
Overall, the science community agrees that plant-based diets are better for the environment and still a perfect way to gain the muscle you need for your workout routine. If you want a better life for you and the world, then adding a plant-based protein to your recovery processes is a great way to do your part. In the meantime, those plants can improve your overall health so you can hit the gym like never before.
What are the symptoms of protein deficiency?
Quite a few symptoms can help you determine you are deficient in protein, but for gym-goers, the first sign is a loss of muscle mass as your muscles are mostly protein. If you find yourself gaining a little weight and having an increased appetite, that could be a sign too that you need more protein. Finally, look for hair, skin, or nail problems as protein makes up those as well as muscles.
It is a common misconception that it is hard to meet protein needs as a vegan. For more information on vegan sources of protein, watch this video:
Do I need organic protein powder?
Not necessarily as it can often be more expensive; however, if you can afford it, organic protein comes with denser nutrition, which will definitely help you out at the gym! Organic food has less processing and pesticides, which can harm the body and, in turn, have an effect on your health. Always opt for the best supplement you can afford to stay as healthy as possible and get the most nutritious food. Also, most organic options are non-GMO, which is better for your body too.
If you don’t know which to try first, try the Amazing Vegan Plant-Based Protein Powder Supplement. What makes this protein powder so special is it will help you work out harder, longer, and better while also helping your digestive system. Not to mention, it’s high in nutrients to give you a full health makeover and keep you in better shape to reach your fitness goals.
Last Updated on